WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF LOSS?
A sinister is an unexpected event that causes actual damage which may be guaranteed by insurance under certain conditions and up to a certain amount.
Obligations of the insured in case of disaster:
- Reduce the result. The insured must try to minimize the consequences, adopting the measures it deems most appropriate.
- Notify, communicate, the incident the insurer (through Confide) within a maximum period of 7 days have known.
- Provide the insurer how much additional information and documentation requested, in particular regarding the assessment of the incident.
- Report to injured the existence of the policy to facilitate your claim.
Obligations of the insured in case of receiving a complaint:
- Do not admit liability.
- No trading, compromise. Not make or commit to make any payment.
- Do not reveal that you reported or intends to report the accident to the insurance.
- Take no action that might prejudice the position of the insurer or its ability to investigate the claim or the circumstances surrounding.
- If in doubt contact your partner Confide which will help you determine the appropriate action.
Obligations of insurer
- Payment of the compensation based on the assessment of damage and contractual terms of the policy.
- Communicate, if, reasoned written, the refuse of the incident.
STEPS IN PROCESSING A CLAIM
1.- Opening the file. Receipt of notification of a claim in which provides information on causes, circumstances and consequences.
2.- Initial assessment of the incident.
3.- Review of most important aspects to confirm whether to continue the management of the incident or has to give closed. The company can position itself in the following ways:
- The incident is not the subject of coverage. Communicates the rehúse.
- No cover. Proceed to compensation.
- If there is doubt in settling a claim is continued.
4 Intervention, if, an expert in charge of analyzing the circumstances and causes of the incident and assess the damage.
5 Resolution processing. After analyzing the circumstances, assess the damage and estimate the compensation, the insurer may take the following decisions.
- Settle compensation.
- Pay compensation and cancel the insurance contract at maturity in certain circumstances.
- Opposing settling the claim, with reasons, in case of lack of coverage